Civil 3D 2020 Essentials
Autodesk Civil 3D software is the standard solution for civil engineering firms and surveyors for building information modeling (BIM) management. Civil engineering technicians and designers can improve project consistency, manage standards and establish efficient workflows with this powerful software. Respond to project changes quicker than ever before with improved accuracy and control.
This course is perfect for experienced civil engineers or an engineer in training (EIT) looking to improve their computer skills. This course will get you up and running quickly with Autocad Civil 3D. Your instructor, Charles Ellison will guide you through the user interface and show how to create a grade surface, alignments, pipe networks and data shortcuts. Next, he will touch on additional features such as annotating, stationing and creating road and utility profiles.
- Access to the 2020 version of the Civil 3D software for practice file compatibility.
- Experience with AutoCAD or AutoCAD Land Desktop and an understanding civil engineering terminology.
- Navigating the Civil 3D interface
- Using point groups and description keys
- Importing survey data
- Managing figures
- Creating and analyzing surfaces
- Creating parcels
- Working with alignments
- Working with profiles and profile views
- Working with assemblies and subassemblies
- Creating Basic and Advanced Corridors
- Using an Intersection Object
- Making sample lines, cross sections, and section views
- Creating a pipe network
- Understanding pressure parts
- Creating and editing feature lines
- Creating and editing grading objects
- Sharing and referencing data
- Lectures 87
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 273
- Assessments Yes
What is Autodesk Civil 3D?
Civil 3D Interface
Establishing Existing Conditions
Modeling a Surface
Layout of Parcels
Design Horizontal Geometry: Alignments
Design Vertical Geometry: Profiles
Gravity Pipe Networks
Pressure Pipe Networks
Plan Production Tools